Dear Fr. Joseph,
Just wanted to update you on how we used the funds from the grant your congregation so generously gave us.
You will remember that we asked for funds for the following: obtaining IDs including IDs and birth certificates; help with rent and utilities when other agencies no longer have funds; gas and maintenance for a van which provides transportation for clients; and bus tickets to return home. I am pleased to report the following:
- We helped 105 people get birth certificates and IDs;
- We facilitated 102 people in securing safe housing;
- We assisted 14 people to return home to their support system;
- We provided transportation — picking someone up every fifteen minutes four days a week; and
- We arranged rides for 3,500 people so they could access essential services.
We were able to achieve these results because we have a small but dedicated staff and a cadre of over 200 volunteers. And, of course, we have the support of people like you who help us reach our goals each day. Thanks for helping Carol, Jason and Ed and the many others who come to us each day wanting a hand up not a handout.
We are grateful for your support. Knowing you care is truly encouraging for us.
Many blessings on your continued ministries.
Sister Vickie Perkins, Executive Director
Leavenworth Interfaith Community of Hope