Why Become a Precious Blood Volunteer?Precious Blood Volunteers will help you grow in your faith while serving others. Apply NowLearn More
As part of your growth as a Precious Blood Volunteer, we provide the following benefits:
- The opportunity to walk with and serve people who are suffering because of household income, race, gender, sickness, disability, immigration status, or sexual orientation.
- The opportunity to live in community with others. Community is where you will be challenged and supported, while challenging and supporting others.
- The opportunity for reflection for morning prayer with your community, retreats, monthly reflections, and spirituality/justice nights. Precious Blood Center is available to you at no cost for personal retreats.
- The opportunity for professional growth in the fields of education, health care, social services, and law.
- There is an education award available for those who serve a full year with us.
In addition you will receive:
- A $200 a month stipend
- Housing that includes room and board
- Transportation to Orientation, your placement site and back to your home
- Reimbursements for commuting, or a bus pass
- Health insurance if it is needed
- Student loan deferral assistance
About Student Loan Deferrals
You will need to contact your lender for the appropriate forms. Volunteers usually are able to claim a hardship deferment. The Precious Blood Volunteers office will provide a letter to your lender with information your financial situation, your term of service and the type of work you are doing.
What Do Our Volunteers Share?
- Desire to be with and learn from the poor
- Desire to serve others
- Desire to grow in your faith
Ready to Volunteer?
Get in touch!
Call (816) 781-4344 and speak with our Director, Tim Deveney. You may also email us at email@example.com or complete the form below.
2130 Saint Gaspar Way, Liberty, MO 64068
Call Us: (816) 781-4344