Precious Blood Volunteers will help you grow in your faith while serving others. As part of your growth we provide the following benefits:
- The opportunity to walk with and serve people who are suffering because of household income, race, gender, sickness, disability, immigration status, or sexual orientation.
- The opportunity to live in community with others. Community is where you will be challenged and supported, while challenging and supporting others.
- The opportunity for reflection for morning prayer with your community, retreats, monthly reflections, and spirituality/justice nights. Precious Blood Center is available to you at no cost for personal retreats.
- The opportunity for professional growth in the fields of education, health care, social services, and law.
In addition you will receive:
- A $200 a month stipend
- Housing that includes room and board
- Transportation to Orientation, your placement site and back to your home
- Reimbursements for commuting, or a bus pass.
- Health insurance if it is needed
- Student loan deferral assistance
About Student Loan Deferrals
You will need to contact your lender for the appropriate forms. Volunteers usually are able to claim a hardship deferment. The Precious Blood Volunteers office will provide a letter to your lender with information your financial situation, your term of service and the type of work you are doing.